Are you interested in way to modernize commercial buildings? We came across an article in Commercial Construction & Renovation written by Mike Pallerino that discusses how professionally installed window films can help modernize commercial buildings in a variety of ways. The article states that “provides comfort to building inhabitants by reducing heat and glare as well as blocking the sun’s harmful UV rays. It also saves money by controlling a building’s energy consumption – keeping heat out in summer months and retaining heat in the winter. It offers an added layer of safety by holding together broken glass during a natural disaster or intrusion. And gives any commercial facility a modern, updated look.” We wanted to summarize the main points of this article in the post below.
Ways Window Films Modernize Commercial Buildings
- Aesthetics – Window film is a flexible, adaptable product that can be retrofitted to enhance the unique aesthetic appeal of any commercial building. While it doesn’t need to stand out, it can be used to enhance the style of a building exterior. There are also decorative glass films that add extra style to glass panels. You can achieve the look of etched glass or other custom glass options at a fraction of the cost of designer glass at a fraction of the cost.
- Energy Savings – Per the International Window Film Association (IWFA), the return on investment is higher for commercial building owners when renovating with window film verses any other method. Up to 30% of any building’s cooling and heating load is lost through windows. Installing window film will reduce the stress on a facility’s HVAC system as it’s designed to keep heat out, even during the hottest of summer days.
- UV Protection – Window film blocks up to 99 percent of UV rays, and reflects up to 80 percent of the sun’s energy. Blocking UV rays helps reduce glare on computer screens, and protects and prolongs the life of furniture, carpets, artwork, draperies, and woodwork.
- Security – Safety and security is an important benefit for commercial buildings. On the security side, professionally installed safety and security film can delay an intruder’s attempt to enter through the window. The film holds the glass together and prevents it from shattering, delaying the intruder’s entrance, and allowing local authorities to get to the scene in a timely manner.
- Safety – On the safety front, in the event of a natural disaster, acts of terrorism or something similar, window film can manage how the glass panels break and limit the amount of dangerous flying glass shards.
If you would like to read the entire article, click HERE
If you would like to get more information on how commercial window films can modernize commercial buildings, click HERE. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a free, no obligation assessment and quotation at your facility, contact Northeast Window Tint today by calling 716-875-5408 or fill out a form HERE. We are located in Buffalo, New York and cover the entire greater Rochester, New York area.